The Prepress Operator is responsible for the design, proofing and set up of files for various types of printing equipment to achieve high quality printed product, while maintaining established turnaround times for proofs to the Sales team and files to the Production team.
- Prepare electronic files for proof or print on time.
- Make prompt changes or corrections as requested.
- Identify and address potential problems with files.
- Create exceptional proofing experience for clients.
- Maintain excellent communication with Sales and Production to ensure the best results.
- Re-touch images as required to maintain the highest level of quality.
- Maintain a continuing awareness of printing industry trends.
- Learn new technology, including new/updated software and hardware.
- Keep files organized and up-to-date.
- Keep pre-press area clean and organized.
- Cover for other Pre-press or Production staff as required
- Intermediate to advanced skill using Adobe Creative Suite required.
- Experience with RIP software preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in graphic arts/printing industry preferred.
- Knowledge of print and workflow processes preferred.
- Technical certificate preferred.
This position is full time 8:00AM-4:30PM, reporting to the Prepress Lead
Please send resumes with attention to Janelle Gibson-Haerle at firstname.lastname@example.org
IDENT is focused on building a company of best service, product, and people.
You will be encouraged to grow, both personally and professionally, ensuring that you always move forward in your career.
Our Core Values
Treat Everyone Like a Customer.
Be Your Authentic Self.
Seek to Understand.
Think Beyond Yourself.
Personal health spending plan
RRSP matching contribution
Long term disability
Employee and dependent life insurance
Flexible work hours
$500 Annual happiness fund
Paid day off on your birthday
How We Roll
Staff socials, BBQs, Stampede events, and more
We encourage promotion from within
Performance based incentive plan
Why our employees love IDENT
You can make an impact, both with clients and our company. We pride ourselves on having a fun and enjoyable work environment and letting our employees shine.
"At IDENT we have an outstanding team of managers and employees working hard to provide the best customer service experience in the signage industry. It is nice to work for a small, tight-knit company that cares about its customers."
- Courtney M, Accounts Receivable
"When I go into the production bay and scream “Jazz Hands” at the top of my lungs – we all do jazz hands."
- Darcy W, Estimating
"One minute we can be debating the best print methodology for a sign, and then the conversation will turn on a dime, and suddenly there are 6 or 7 employees singing Fresh Prince of Bel Air’s theme song. The level of professionalism we show is only outdone by the amount of fun we have."
- Jennifer M, Sales & Marketing